With fresh peaches in season, whip up a loaf of this delicious Peach Bread. Enjoy a slice for dessert or even with your morning coffee.
Last weekend was our first weekend to the Farmer’s Market since May, crazy! This summer has been flying by and every weekend we have been busy or out of town that we have been unable to go. The kids and I headed there on a beautiful morning. I have to be honest, with two three year olds at a busy Farmer’s Market I was a little scared going myself. I am always so worried one of them will run off. They don’t like to ride in a stroller. They like their freedom and would rather walk.
With a firm grip on the twins, we ventured into the Farmer’s Market. It was bustling with vendors and a variety of fresh produce I couldn’t wait to get my hands on, including some ripe peaches. I always go for the seconds if available, which are great for cooking. With a bushel of peaches and the kids in hand we made our way to my favorite blueberry vendor before heading out.
I couldn’t wait to make peach cobbler and a grilled peach salad with poppyseed dressing, some of my favorite dishes I love to make every summer. Recently when I was at Wegmans, our local grocery store they were sampling Peach Loaf which is out of this world. I actually remember trying it last year and remember how delicious it was. Each bite was not only filled with chunks of fresh peaches, but the bread itself had a lovely peach flavor to it.
This recipe for Peach Bread is very similar in flavor and texture to the one I tried at the grocery store, if not better. It is so moist and delicious, perfect for dessert or with your morning coffee.
If you have fresh peaches on hand, you need to try this bread. I’m sure you will fall in love with it as much as I have.
What you need
Peach flavored instant gelation
Light brown sugar
Step one: Mix flour, gelatin mix, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl and set aside.
Step two: Cream butter and sugar.
Step three: Add eggs one at a time then almond extract.
Step four: Gradually add in flour mixture, alternating with milk until combined.
Step five: Fold in peaches and spread in a greased 9×5- inch loaf pan.
Step six: In a small bowl combine melt butter, brown sugar, flour, oats and cinnamon and sprinkle on top. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 55-60 minutes.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 ounce box peach flavored instant gelatin mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups diced peaches
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Generously spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix flour, gelatin mix, baking powder, salt and cinnamon, set aside.
- Using an electric mixer cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time then almond extract.
- Gradually add in flour mixture, alternating with milk until all combined.
- Spread in prepared loaf pan.
- In a small bowl mix butter, brown sugar, flour, oats and cinnamon until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle on top of batter and top with slivered almonds
- Bake in preheated oven for 55-60 minutes until cake tester inserted into the center of bread comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack before removing from pan.