Get dinner ready in a snap with this easy recipe for baked Korean-Style Pork Chops. Serve with a side of rice and steamed veggies for a delicious meal everyone will love.
I came up with this recipe for Korean-Style Pork Chops last summer and since then it has been on our dinner menu often. I prefer using thick boneless pork chops however you could use bone-in pork chops if you prefer. This delicious marinade/glaze is versatile and can be used in a variety recipes including on grilled pork chops, country-style pork ribs, and I have even doubled the marinade to make slow cooker Korean-Style Pulled Pork using about a 2 1/2-3 pound pork shoulder or pork butt.
This is a perfect meal to whip up on a busy weeknight. The marinade doesn’t require a lot of ingredients so you can easily make it in a few minutes. I like to brown the pork chops on the stove first then bake it in the oven for another 30-40 minutes. Baked meals are some of my favorites. I love when a meal is baking in the oven I can clean up and set the table. Before I know it, the buzzer is going off and dinner is ready.
The finishing touch is to then pop it under the broiler the last few minutes. I like to let the pork rest for a few minutes before serving, then I’ll drizzle it with some of the juices and top it with chopped green onions. The result is tender and juicy pork chops full of flavor.
I love to serve this with a side of rice and steamed veggies. If I have leftovers, I’ll shred or chop up the pork and add it to lettuce wraps for a yummy lunch.
If you are looking for some new ideas for dinner, you definitely want to add this to the menu!
- ¼ cup soy-sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 (6 ounce each) boneless pork chops
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix soy sauce, brown sugar, chili garlic sauce,sesame oil and ground ginger until blended.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large oven and broiler safe skillet over medium heat.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper and add to skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes until brown.
- Flip pork and brush browned side with half of the marinade and cook for another 3-4 minutes until brown.
- Flip pork and pour remaining marinade over pork.
- Transfer skillet to preheated oven and bake on the center rack for 30-35 minutes until pork is cooked thoroughly.(145 degrees)
- Increase oven temperature to broil. Carefully transfer skillet to top rack and broil for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cover with foil and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Top with chopped green onion before serving.