Spring is in the air!
I love this time of year! It’s like a breath of fresh air. The birds are chirping, the days are getting longer and the snow is finally melted and hopefully won’t return again until December!
Easter is just around the corner and I love to plan fun Easter activities with my kiddos like Easter egg hunts, painting Easter eggs and of course visiting the Easter Bunny! Along with Easter activities I also like to bake some fun easter treats that my kids can help me bake and decorate to go along with our Easter brunch like these adorable Easter Cupcakes. I love to use Pillsbury™ Devil’s Food cake mix because who can resist a yummy chocolate cupcake? They are topped with creamy Pillsbury™ Classic White frosting and decorated with coconut flakes, some pretty green sprinkles, and topped with a chocolate bunny. Aren’t they cute?
To mix it up a little I like to do half topped with chocolate bunnies and the other half topped with candy coated chocolate eggs. It makes a cute presentation for Easter or any fun little gathering you may be making them for. Of course you could do just one or the other but I can’t resist doing a little of both.
I absolutely love the combination of the devil’s food cupcakes topped with the creamy white frosting and coconut flakes. They are so yummy and I love that I can easily whip this up using Pillsbury™ cake mix and frosting and they taste like they just came from my local cupcake shop! I love to use Pillsbury™ cake mix that I can easily stock up on at Walmart. I always have cake mix on hand to make cupcakes, cakes, you name it. It makes life easy and baking with my family fun!
What’s even sweeter you can SAVE more on Pillsbury™ baking products with Ibotta. It’s a great deal you’ll definitely want to snag and if you haven’t used Ibotta yet, you’ll definitely want to check it out. I’m hooked! It’s a great way to save more money on some of your favorite products like Pillsbury™.
If you love this recipe be sure to also check out how I #MixUpAMoment with my yummy recipe for Pistachio Bundt Cake that is also made with Pillsbury™ cake mix and frosting! Discover more ways to #MixUpAMoment on the Pillsbury Mix Up A Moment Pinterest Page. There’s lots of sweet treats you don’t want to miss!
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and tag #motherthyme with the Mother Thyme recipes you make. I love to see what everyone is cooking!
- 1 box Pillsbury™ Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can Pillsbury™ Classic White Frosting
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- ¼ cup green sprinkles
- 24 chocolate bunnies or 1 bag candy coated chocolate eggs or combination of both.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cupcake pan with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix cake mix with water, vegetable oil and eggs until smooth and creamy.
- Pour batter in each liner filling halfway full.
- Bake for 19-23 minutes until toothpick inserted into the center of cupcakes comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes completely.
- To decorate, frost cupcakes then dip frosted cupcakes in coconut flakes.
- Sprinkle with green sprinkles and top with a chocolate bunny, chocolate eggs.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The J.M. Smucker Company. The opinions and text are all mine.