This post is sponsored by The Quaker Oats Company, but all opinions are my own.
An easy and delicious recipe for Oatmeal Fig Jam Squares made with Quaker® Old Fashioned Rolled Oats and topped with sweet fig jam!
Are you ready to ring in 2017? I can’t believe another year is coming to an end. Where did this year go? It’s been a good year for me and I’m truly blessed to have such amazing readers that have followed me for the past five and a half years. All of your comments and emails about recipes you’ve made always make my day so thank you for sticking with me and enjoying my recipes! I look forward to bringing you even more tasty recipes in 2017!
If there is one more recipe that I can encourage you to try before the end of the year it would be these yummy and delicious Oatmeal Fig Jam Squares. These would be a great dessert for any New Year’s party or even if you’re staying in like I am with my husband and kids! This is the first New Years Eve in many years that we didn’t have a party or go to one and I couldn’t be more excited! We are staying in celebrating with a cozy fire, playing games, making homemade pizzas and eating lots of goodies!
These Oatmeal Fig Jam Squares are irresistible and so easy to make with Quaker® Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats and a few simple ingredients you probably already have on hand. I love to use sweet fig jam especially during the holiday season but you can definitely customize it to whatever jam you like or have on hand. In the summer I love to use peach jam and in the fall to use spiced apple and cranberry jam.
This past year I’ve had the pleasure of working with one of my favorite brands, Quaker® Oats featuring some of my favorite recipes from sweet to even savory! Here’s a list of the recipes in case you missed any!
- Lemon Poppy Seed Overnight Oats – These are delicious topped with fresh lemon curd and a dollop of vanilla yogurt! You’ll want to start every morning with this!
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bites – Easy and yummy snacks to take on the go!
- Savory Garlic, Herb and Asiago Steel Cut Oats Risotto – A savory risotto with a twist!
- Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal – Delicious baked cinnamon oatmeal topped with a cream cheese glaze!
I couldn’t resist ending 2016 on a sweet note with these delicious Oatmeal Fig Jam Squares. And unlike other fig jam squares I add a little secret ingredient that truly make these irresistible. Curious to what it is? Well, I like to add a little splash of almond extract which just makes already tasty bars even better plus I love that hint of almond combined with the sweet fig jam! They’re simply fabulous!
Wishing you and your family a very happy and healthy New Year!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Quaker® Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, cubed and room temperature
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ¾ cup fig jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Mix in butter using a fork, pastry blender or hands until combined.
- Gently mix in almond extract.
- Reserve 1½ cups of mixture and press the remaining mixture on the bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Spread fig jam on top.
- Sprinkle the remaining flour and oat mixture on top of fig jam.
- Bake on the center rack for 35 to 40 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool before cutting into squares.