Jam Filled Almond Muffins
An easy, one bowl recipe for moist and delicious Jam Filled Almond Muffins filled with sweet raspberry jam and topped with a creamy glaze.
I’m totally obsessed with these Jam Filled Almond Muffins! If you love almond baked goods, you’re going to love these! They’re moist, delicious and bursting with delicious almond flavor in every bite! Not only are these muffins super yummy but they’re so easy too! All you need is one bowl and you can whip up these tasty muffins in no time!
These almond muffins are delicious alone but filled with the sweet raspberry jam takes these muffins to another level. I love the combination of the almond combined with the raspberry jam however you could use any flavor you like. Blueberry, strawberry, triple berry, even fig jam, you name it. My only recommendation is to use a good quality jam. It really makes a difference. My personal preference is Bonne Maman that you can easily find at most grocery stores.
These delicious Jam Filled Almond Muffins are perfect for Mother’s Day or any day you’re looking for a tasty muffin to enjoy with your morning cup of coffee. Once you try these I’m sure they’ll become a favorite of yours too!
Jam Filled Almond Muffins
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 33 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup whole or 2% milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure almond extract
- 1/4 cup good quality raspberry preserves or jam
- 1 cup confectioner sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with liners or spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Make a well in the center of flour mixture and add in butter, sour cream, milk, eggs and extract.
- Mix together until combined. Batter will be a little thick.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of batter into each muffin tin.
- Top with a heaping teaspoon jam then top with another heaping tablespoon batter on top of jam.
- Bake in the center rack in a preheated oven for about 18 minutes until cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool for about 5 minutes in pan then carefully transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once muffins are cool, in a small bowl whisk together confectioners sugar and milk until combined and creamy. If glaze is too thin add more confectioners sugar, if too thick add a little more milk.
- Dip tops of muffins in glaze and place back on cooling rack until glaze is dry.
Bonne Maman Raspberry Preserves was used in this recipe.
MORE MUFFIN RECIPES!
Apple Spice Muffins
Pumpkin Spice Streusel Muffins
Flourless Banana Oat Blender Muffins
I can’t wait to try this with my homemade jam! Pinned and sharing! Cheers!